04 June 2011

A Week in Review {+ my weigh-in & thoughts!}

Not such an interesting week, unfortunately. Every day ran together. The sad part is when I actually had motivation and topics to blog, I couldn't because my computer charger shorted out. SO it's back to holding the broken one until I order another one. FML.

{I think on wednesday} I made Ari a cute polka-dotted skirt/ dress/ shirt thing! haha It was originally supposed to be a skirt, but I made it too long, so it's more of a dress/shirt right now. Made a matching headband too :) My first time working with elastic, and I can tell it's going to open up a whole new range of options!








Ari twirling with her daddys shirt on her head


Cleaning the kitchen, hear her whining.. Look in the bathroom, ta-da! At least it's clean.


How she enjoys her 'seeds' {sunflower seeds}


We decided to hang lights in the living room. Maybe it looks a little college kid-ish, I don't know, but I like the chill vibe I get when I have them on. Plus I can see my books better now ;)


Anyway, almost 3 weeks ago I made a post called The Body Post. I detailed about my weight, etc. On May 15 I was at 114 pounds. Weighed myself this morning, and I'm at 111! It hasn't been as fast a drop as before, but I'm doing it the right way.

Let it be known: I have been struggling!! This is a challenge!
Not gonna lie, it's been so hard. I rarely have an appetite before 5pm. It's pretty amazing, cause I don't get thirsty either. But it fucks me all up, and keeps me on my night eating schedule.

The first week was the worst, I was going back and forth between restricting and starving, to binging and feeling sick. Depressing, but it was automatic. I needed to change how I thought.

The second week was a little better, but I was still on my night schedule of eating.

This week, however, was great! I believe most of the weight loss happened this week.

The secret? I've been eating all day. Choking down breakfast and lunch and 2 snacks, even though my head is screaming at me to stop, then on to dinner. I've been eating adequate portions of good things (fruits, veggies, granola etc.) and no bad stuff (candy, excessive bread + carbs- except last night, ben +jerrys, mm!).
I've been walking everywhere, doing yoga, and being a mom - I think I'm doing pretty good burning the calories. The best part of all this is I pretty much always have a satisfied {not full} feeling, no in-between snacking, and a stable energy level. I'm not really calorie counting anymore, just estimating.
I'm just following a timed schedule, and picking healthy options, but it's still things I like. This is soso important, you'll be totally not into eating healthy if you just choose things because they're healthy.



So far so good, guys! I'm aiming for 100 for the end of June, think I can do it? Xo


Ps, give me a vote pleasee?

1 comments:

Jason said...

I think you're perfect and gorgeous the way you are and there's no need to worry about such a silly number as your weight but if it makes you feel better about yourself then go for it. I used to have the same problem of never having an appetite so I'd work out all the time and never gain any muscle since my body was just burning everything away it sucked lol.

Post a Comment

What do you think?