I haven't written in too long, but I'm happily able to say I'm back! It would have been sooner had I remembered my Windows password; thankfully the IT guy I work with is awesome, and was able to reset everything for me.
Many things have changed in the past few months...
1. Ari. My sweet little baby has turned into a full-fledged toddler kid. A running, jumping, TALKING toddler. She speaks small sentences, like "I want that mommy" or "Come sit with me". Ari knows her ABC's, and a variety of songs to sing to. She loves to listen to Band of Horses and Death Cab, and one of her favorite things to do is dance! She's incredibly independent, and has no problem telling me what she wants or doesn't want. Instead of having me rinse her hair in the bath, she's learned to do it herself. Already obsessed with shoes and not even two years old, I'm loving it. She was a perfect baby, and now she's growing into an awesome kid. Lucky? Yep, that's me. ♥
2. C and I are no longer together. Apparently he felt it was best to move out secretly while I was at work, no warning.. But that's the way he felt things had to get done. I was and I am okay. Going from a partnership to being alone isn't easy, but it's been a "growing" experience and that's all I could hope for from the situation. Even though I'm having a hard time putting all of this into words, the truth is we knew things wouldn't work- sometimes it's better to give up than to keep pushing on for somebody you love (Ari). I've left everything in the past, although I feel I'll always have a bit of resentment towards him. He still is being the same jerk, but hey: Karma. In the end, I'm just thankful I can be myself again and provide a loving, happy home for Little A. And for now, it will stay just her and I♥
3. My GTI has been fixed since the beginning of June! Thankfully (knock on wood) the beast has been running pretty good, my check engine light hasn't even come back on. :D With my car being fixed has come freedom and an extensive choice of what to do on the weekends, which has been veryy nice.
4. My interests have started to return! I keep telling myself I went through a transition period instead of a depressive one, but it is what it is. I'm finally making time to enjoy all the things I used to love and it's so refreshing. Within the past few weeks, I've seen my creativity just come out of nowhere. I thrifted an old bench for 5 dollars, and then refurbished it completely. It matches the desk I thrifted last week, which is also redone and is now my craft desk :) I'm excited to start on more projects, I feel so good when I'm finished!
5. I'm now a full-time permanent employee of Thundermist as of yesterday! This means benefits, and that's always a great thing. I do like my job though, and the people I work with are pretty sweet, I have no complaints whatsoever.
I know I'm leaving out a lot, but some things are okay to keep quiet. All I can say is who knows how things will pan out, but I'm definitely not optimistic for those particular situations..
Other than that, life has been quickly pushing me along, and I guess I'm just learning to enjoy the scenery.
I know I have a lot of making up to do on this blog, once again unsure of the direction I want to go in... But I will say to expect consistant posts!