19 March 2012

What It Means to be INTJ.

Everything. Everything has been coming at me a solid pace, I've somewhat given up on trying to keep things in order. It's a chaotic upswing and instead of trying to fight it, I'm going with it.

I have so many things to tell you about! Within the past few weeks, I've baked my first loaf of bread, watched Ari ride a bicycle (by herself!), got caught up *on one thing* at work, wore shorts!!, left the person I love, spent time with my best friends, visited Kammy's new apartment!, felt free, and became re-acquainted with new (old?) friends. Among many, many other things I know I'm forgetting. Photos to come!

Anyway, I've been learning a lot about myself lately. I've known my personality type for a few years now (total psychology lover, it's really weird!). In like, eighth grade, I took a little online quiz and was surprised that everything was so accurate. Last April, I finally took the complete Myers-Briggs Type Assessment. Somewhat startled, my results were exactly the same: INTJ. Once I read all about it, I was amazed! How can something so minute as a preference test tell you all about yourself?


Take the test HERE! For INTJ, check it out: but I decided to share a few of the truest points!


INTJs account for 1-4% of the world's population. (!)


In the workplace: "Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice."


"Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations."


"INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness."


"As parents, INTJ's main goal is to raise their children to be intelligent, autonomous and independent. They want their kids to think for themselves and make their own decisions, and so are likely to give them room to grow, and to challenge their decisions and thoughts at key points in their lives. The INTJ is not naturally likely to be an overly supportive or loving parental figure. Since their own need for expressions of love and affirmation is relatively low, they may have difficulty seeing that need in their children who have Feeling preferences. If they do see this sensitivity, they may not recognize or value the importance of feeding it. In such situations, there will be a distance between the INTJ and the child. This is a problem area for the INTJ, who should consciously remember to be aware of others' emotional needs."


"Judgment preferred to perception: INTJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability, which to perceptive types may seem limiting." *This makes me laugh out loud, because my friends always joke with me that I'm the 'planner', and Ari is the same way!


"The emotions of an INTJ are hard to read, and neither male nor female INTJs are apt to express emotional reactions. At times, INTJs seem cold, reserved, and unresponsive, while in fact they are almost hypersensitive to signals of rejection from those they care for. In social situations, INTJs may also be unresponsive and may neglect small rituals designed to put others at ease."


My most dominant shadow function:"Introverted sensors (Si)collect data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences. This process sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory as if the subject were reliving it. Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future.


What's your personality type? xoxo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?