14 October 2011

{100 Posts!+ My Life Lately}

After starting this blog in January, I never thought people would be interested in what I have to say as much as they are. This posts marks 100 posts since then, and I just want to say to all of you who read: You encourage me to continue posting, and the support I've received because of and on my blog is incredible, so I sincerely thank you for getting to know myself, Ari, and being a part of this journey!

I've been meaning to write, but things have been a little hectic this week. Between working later, taking care of Ari and trying to keep up with the house, I've been exhausted. I have so many things that need to be accomplished in the coming months! A few things I am looking forward to:

Oct 21, Circa Survive show
Oct 23, Broke.Down (VW show)
Nov 23, Ari's second birthday!
Dec 03, City + Colour show
Dec 27, my 21st birthday

Ari's second birthday is in about a month, and I have so many ideas swirling through my head! I haven't made up my mind completely on what we're going to be doing, but the party will be at home, and all the decorations will be (of course) homemade. My mother and I have been going back and forth, tossing around ideas and scouring the internet while we work. I am excited to start on the decor, but feeling a tiny bit overwhelmed; second-guessing myself on whether I'll be able to finish in time. I'm also leaning towards no presents this year, but I'll elaborate on that in the future.

Lately, I can say I am content with how life is. Instead of trying to control situations (bad habit), I am just letting things be. And I've been much happier because of it. It's taken me a little while, but being independent has changed me SO much, for the better. I don't have to worry about anything (unless voluntary) that doesn't pertain to Ari or myself. I can be picky with who I date, because I don't have to settle for anything less than what I want. I don't mind spending time alone anymore; in fact, I relish the time I have alone and have nowhere to be except snuggling in my bed. Basically, I don't NEED anyone/anything to make me happy. I am creating my own happiness, by doing things I love, surrounding myself with people I enjoy, and just being. Simplicity is key and I have a long way to go, but I'm okay with that.

Last night, Gabe and I went to see one of my current favorite listens, Deer Tick, at the Met in Pawtucket. It was a really nice night, laidback, my first show in over a year! The band was great, although we decided to leave a little while before the show ended. I did take a couple of photos but I didn't bring a tripod so the camera shake is kinda crazy, those will be posted soon enough!

To wrap up this post, here are a bunch of photos from over the past 3 weeks. I'm trying to stay up to date so hopefully this will be the last photo dump for a little while! Also, I am excited to soon share two new posts relating to series I have done previously; A delicious vegetarian recipe and a Body Post Update! Happy friday! :)


Trip to Tiverton/ Little Compton/ Sakonnet Yacht Club






















<3


Ari loves to dress up and play in the mirror!




Washing my car, I don't know why but I love this picture. Happiness?


My desk and bench in my room were both thrifted seperately (desk-$30, bench-$5). I sanded and painted both, reupholstered the cushion on the bench and replaced the hardware on the desk drawer. I love how they came out, but I'm thinking of repainting the desk a bright solid color and polyurethane'ing the top surface.


Thrifted side table- $5. I was planning on refinishing this, but I like the rustic, vintage vibe the green color and pocked wood gives. I cleaned it up and for now this table will stay the same


Two pillows I've recently sewn


Ari's morning bedhead


Fruits! (Looking for a good recipe involving Pomegranates, send 'em my way!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?